Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Personal and Career Goals 2014


In my career, I have always had my eye on advancement, moving upward to management with more direct reports and more responsibility.  It is thrilling to be offered opportunities to move up the ladder, make more money, and have more influence within the companies which I have worked.

In my personal life, I have always put an emphasis on volunteering for organizations that I believe in such as the Girl Scouts, FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Robotics), and JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).  I have been a girl scout leader, a Robotics team coach and mentor and a JDRF board member and volunteer.  Participating at this level has been rewarding to me personally.

I find myself at a stage where I am content with my professional life; I have a rewarding interesting career that gives me flexibility to be available for my children for their schoolwork and extra-curricular activities.

As I look to my future, after college tuition are paid and children are independent, I would like to work a more humanitarian field, but the time is not right now.

I am looking for that ‘next big thing’ to aspire to for the next 5 years.  It seems unambitious to set a goal of contentment, and it can’t quite be a goal if it is already achieved.  Is this the ‘mid-life’ crisis?  Am I stuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment