Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Foot Surgery follow-up

If all goes well, I should be able to walk without crutches and drive after 4 weeks of recovery.

On week 2.5, the doctor was not happy with the way my incision is healing.  He prescribed antibiotic and said that usually he would allow me to put 50lbs of weight on the foot, but now I should wait.  This puts me at a best case of 5 weeks of recovery time if all goes well from here.



On week 3.5, the doctor was less happy and now thinks I may be having a reaction to the sutures.  He took a sample to send for a culture, just in case it is a weird infection that did not respond to the antibiotic, but it will be a few weeks before we get results back.  He cleaned up the wound, removed dead skin and remaining sticky bandages and showed me how to clean it.  I am to clean it twice a day, but 24 hours after the visit, I have yet to get a ride to the drug store to get the betadine.




This puts me another week behind. That's six weeks if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment